Thursday, November 17, 2011

Improbable Monument Ideas

So I have been battling with this idea of technology taking over people's humanity. Paranoid? Yes. I know it is kind of a crazy idea but I can't seem to stop thinking about it. For myself, I am resistant against technologies and I am leery of the ways in which people use them and how these technologies use us (i.e. Safeway Club Cards). I personally can not stand how much I depend on my phone to do anything. I pay bills, check schedules, ect., ect. It is the system in which we are living in that says"If you can't adapt to technology then you will have a difficult time doing anything."

So I wanted to do a series of monuments in the shape of an iPhone and put them around the city. Next to the monument will be the figure of a person from the waist up, who is reaching for the iPhone. Also, I wanted to make a commemorative placard to go along with it that says something witty and sarcastic about our current technological environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment